R. C. Rawson Co. was founded in 1952, by Robert C. Rawson, and is recognized as an industry leader for its role in delivering an exacting adherence to quality products and service to clients.      After distinguished service as a U.S. Navy officer in WW II, Robert C. Rawson signed on for a brief stint with the Government Printing Office in Washington D.C. Shortly after, he left to join Tidewater Associated Oil Co. in San Francisco, as an Assistant Advertising Production Manager. Then in 1952, Mr. Rawson began R. C. Rawson Company, setting up shop as a manufacturer’s representative. He called on nationally recognized corporations in San Francisco and began taking volume orders for production of plastic “charge cards” for retailers, oil  companies, and the Auto Clubs.    The Company soon earned a quality reputation for specialty print production, printed  communication, packaging, and point-of-sale advertising. In the late 50’s the company, was asked by Bank of America and its agency to design and manufacture the first merchant  communication packages for a new national product called BankAmericard, the first “revolving bank card.” The rollout featured welcome kits with decals, specialty signage, instructions sheets, imprinters, and was drop-shipped to thousands of merchant locations nationwide.Soon R. C. Rawson Co. was continually producing and delivering volume specialty imprinters, graphic kits featuring silk screen printing on decals, plastic signage and merchant “how to” manuals to California banks, and then to national banks. When BofA sponsored the first national bank card and then the subsequent newly franchise logo became VISA, products also included and promoted newly formed Master Charge in 1967.  R. C. Rawson Co. had become the pre-eminent supplier of “dual” products featuring both logos, which were used by thousands of affiliated bankers, and their card accepting merchants.   Since then, the company has continued to supply merchant processors and independent sales organizations with a complete line of graphic logo advertising products promoting card usage at the point of sale, including terminal overlays, custom printing, and production run quantity graphic identification.     The business has continued as a family owned and operated business continuously since 1952.  Ronald C. Rawson “grew up” in the bankcard industry, attending his first American Bankers Association Conference in 1962, and witnessed the growth and rapid expansion of the payment networks of today.  Over the next 50 years, the Company produced millions of newly printed products for VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and many more national and international card acceptance customers.